Sunday, May 19, 2024

Photos from Day 9

In the area of Seligman, AZ, I came across sets of retro looking but new Burma-Shave signs.  After doing a bit of googling, I found out the town installed the signs to connect with the time of the original Route 66.  Here is the one of the final signs:

If you don’t recognize the name, go to Wikipedia.

I didn’t have a sticker to add to this sign:


I saw the remains of an old timey culvert along with power poles that must predate Route 66: 

 I met a fellow traveler this morning.  Nick (in the foreground) is riding westbound, heading for Los Angeles:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 10: The Day I Tap Out

Unfortunately on my ride earlier today, I developed a persisting numbness in my left hand and radiating pain up my arm.  I’m not a medical p...